ClearSpa pH Plus – Sodium Carbonate: Balance Your Spa or Pool for Better Swimming.
ClearSpa pH Plus – Available in 500g, 1kg, 5kg & 25kg Sodium Carbonate is a type of pH increaser that can be used to balance spa or pool water. It will help increase the alkalinity and create a more balanced water environment for your home or commercial facility.
With ClearSpa pH Plus, you’ll have better-smelling water and cleaner tiles, and spa acrylic!
pH is an important aspect of water chemistry for spas and swimming pools. pH Plus is essential to keeping your pH levels in check so that your spa or pool stays healthy!
This product not only controls the acidity level but also helps to neutralize chlorine odours in your water’s chemical balance, so it smells fresh every time you dip into them!
Why is it important to balance your pH level in your hot tub or pool?
- It’s important to understand that pH is a measure of how acidic or alkaline water is.
- ClearSpa pH Plus – Sodium Carbonate will bring the pool and spa into balance and create an environment where calcium, phosphate, and other minerals can be dissolved more easily.
- If your pH level isn’t balanced, you could end up with cloudy water, skin and eye irritation, slipperiness, soapy water feel, or scaling.
- The right pH level for ClearSpa is between seven point four (seven-point-four) to seven point six (seven-point-six).
It’s also important not to allow your pH to go too high:
ClearSpa has put together a great little read regarding high ph levels and also some great additional information regarding why Total Alkalinity is so important in your pH balancing journey
How to Use
1. Use a test kit to determine the pH reading, the ideal reading is 7.4 – 7.6, if the reading is below 7.4 use pH Plus to increase the reading.
2. To increase the pH dose at the rate of 10g per 1000lts of water.
3. If the Spa or Hot Tub water is up to temperature (above 30°C) add the pH Plus directly to the water with the circulation on. If the water is cold then pre-dissolve pH Plus in a clean container filled with clean warm water and then distribute around the surface of the water.
4. Re-test the water after 30 minutes, if the pH still needs to be increased follow steps 2 and 3 again.
5. Only add pH Plus in stages and always re-test after additions.
6. If you experience any difficulties please contact your dealer.
• Always ensure bathers are out of the water when adding chemicals.
• Never mix with any other chemicals including cleaning products, weed killers, and chlorine products, as a dangerous reaction may occur.
• Always handle products in a well-ventilated area.
• Always wash hands thoroughly after handling chemicals.
• Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated, secure place. Ensure chemicals do not become damp in storage.
• Instructions and dosages given are a guide to the most effective use.
• This container must not be used or contaminated with any other materials.